Thursday 16 June 2011

The final chapter, and a new book begins...

My time in Siberia has come to an end. Whilst at times it was very difficult, I tried to keep the problems and negative aspects out of this blog as I knew it would do me no good to focus on them.

Overall, I have no regrets about taking the job in Nizhnevartovsk although I didn't like the town. The school I worked for was great, and most of the people I met while I was there were wonderful. Although my current plans don't include a return there, my motto of  'Never say never' stands. If I hadn't gone to Russia I would have stayed unemployed, or at best been forced to take a job I didn't enjoy. Instead, I learned I can survive without the safety net of friends and family, I've had some great experiences and spent 9 months doing a job I love, albeit in challenging conditions sometimes!

So, what's next? Well I probably won't post on this blog again but will start posting on http://mspeekay.blogspot.com/ again, so you'll just have to read that to find out!

Thank you for reading, and for all your encouraging comments - it really helped.

Margate, England. June 2011

1 comment:

  1. Well, isn't that just typical. I just found you!
    Oh, well, I shall move to your other blog :)

    ReplyDelete